Amarnath Yatra 2016 Dates
2nd July to 18th August 2016
The Amarnath Yatra 2016 will start from 2nd July 2016 and ends on 18th August 2016. The registration for Amarnath Yatra 2016 has been started from 29th February 2016.
Route and Map For Amarnath Yatra 2016
Amarnath Yatra 2016 Route and Map
1) Jammu- Srinagar- Sonamarg- Baltal- Sangam- Holy cave
2) Jammu- Patnitop- Pahalgam- Chandanwari- Sheshnag- Pissutop- Panchtarni- Sangam- Holy Cave
How to Reach Amarnath Yatra
Amarnath Yatra has 2 Routes one is through Jammu- Srinagar- Sonamarg- Baltal- Sangam- Holy cave and another route is Jammu- Patnitop- Pahalgam- Chandanwari- Sheshnag- Pissutop- Panchtarni- Sangam- Holy Cave. Devotees walk on foot, either from Srinagar or from Pahalgam. The journey takes approximately 5 days.
Here are the some of the highlights of the yatra
1) Amarnath Yatra will start from 2nd July 2016
2) The Registration for Yatra will start from 29th Feb 2016
3) 7500 pilgrims, will travel on each route daily.
4) 432 bank branches of PNB, Yes Bank, and J&K Bank, will do the registration for the pilgrims.
5) Health Certificate from the registered doctor is made compulsory, for pilgrims