Ardh Kumbh Mela 2016 in Haridwar
DURATION: 14th January 2016 to 22nd April 2016
Ardh Kumbh Mela is a largest human holy gathering. The sacred congregation of devotees happens every 6 years at the holy places which are considered to have been fortunate by drops of Amrit.
All the devotees either a rich or a poor, the sadhus and everyone takes a dip into a river Ganga. Ardh Kumbh Mela 2016 is being organized in Haridwar in between the month of January to April.
Mythology Behind Ardh Kumbh Mela
For the process of churn, a few drops fell four places on the earth and now at these four places, the Kumbh Mela is conducted. Every 12 year a holy gathering takes place to attain blessings in the places sanctified by elixir. Ardha Kumbh means half so this congregation happens every 6 years.
Ardha Khumb Mela Dates for Haridwar
The holy bathing dates for the Ardh Kumbh Mela Haridwar 2016 falls between the months of January to April.
Bathing Dates for Kumbh Mela Snan 2016
- 14th January 2016 on the festival of Makar Sankranti
- 12th February 2016 is an auspicious day called Vasant Panchami.
- 22nd February 2016 as it is Magh Purnima.
- On 7th March 2016, Shree Maha Shivratri is celebrated.
- 7th April 2016 marks Chaitra Amavasya.
- Take a dip in River Ganga on 08 April 2016 as it is the sacred Chaitra Shukla Pritpada.
- 14th April 2016marks Mesha Sankranti. According to astrology, a holy dip on this day cures the body and mind of any ailments.
- 15th April 2016 marks the festival of Shree Ram Navami.
- 22nd April 2016 marks the auspicious day of Chaitra Purnima Snan and is the last blessed day to take a dip in the waters.
Ghats for Bath (Snan) in Kumbh Mela
Har Ki Pauri, Asthi Pravah Ghat, Subhash Ghat, Gau Ghat, Sapt Sarovar Kshetra Ghat, Sarvanand Ghat, Pantdweep Ghat, Kangra Ghat, Roode Bale Wala Ghat, Ganesh Ghat, Varagi Camp Ghat, SatiSati
The name Sati means true and justifying her name...
Ghat, Daksheshwar Ghat, Singh Dwar Ghat, SitaSita
Sita is the most benevolent Goddess, who is known...