The items used in Diwali puja represent wealth, happiness, and prosperity are as follows:
1) Vandanvar: It is a mango or peepul tree leaves garland. During Diwali or any auspicious occasion people tie these garlands on the eastern gate of the house. It is believed that these garlands should be tied for 31 days.
2) Swastik: Many people draw Swastika It is a Hindu symbol which is usually made with rice and vermillion before starting nay big event or ceremony as it is considered auspicious. It represents the God and universal energy or Shakti. Four lines are used to make this mark and the four lines represents the four direction and Purushartha- the objects of human pursuit, which are natural order, wealth, desire and liberation.sign (Ganesha) on walls and on the starting page of account books with sindoor (vermillion), saffron, turmeric. The four sides of the Swastik is considered as four directions that are associated with the four stages of human life such as Brahmacharya, grihastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa.
3) Coin (kodi): The silver coin usually with the picture of GaneshaGanesha
The guardian deity of Hindus, also known as the Ganapati (The God of all groups) is the son of Lord Shiva ... and LakshmiLakshmi
Lakshmi is a Hindu goddess who is regarded as the ultimate deity of wealth... is kept on the thali that represents wealth and
4) Prosperity. Keeping the coin in the safe invites divine blessings.
5) Batasha/Jaggery: It is a sweet that is to be distributed after the puja.
6) Sugarcane: Sugarcane is believed to be Lakshmi's favorite food.
7) It is believed that offering sugarcane appeases Lakshmi and sweetens our speech and thought.
8) Rangoli: People make rangoli with religious motifs like lotus, swastika
9) Kalash and flowers at the entrance of their house. It is believed that
10) Goddess Lakshmi gets attracted towards Rangoli.
11) Red cotton cloth
12) New utensil(Kadai/bowl)
13) Uncooked Rice
14) Popped Rice
16) 5 whole betel nuts (supari)
17) 21 lotus seeds
According to Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu in one of.... water
19) Earthen lamps (1 with 4 sides (charmukhi) along with 7 earthen lamps) and Candles.
METHOD - ON DHANTERAS, CHOTI DIWALI, AND DIWALI DAYS
- Place on a red cloth on a new utensil filled with rice. After that place, 5 whole suparis (betel nuts) and 21 lotus seeds on the plate.
- Fill the bowl with Ganga water and sugar. Place it on the rice, put silver coins in the bowl, then offer flowers or flower garland on the bowl. On the left side place the deities of Lakshmi and Ganesh or a Lakshmi Ganesh silver coin.
- Light the candle for 2 hours in morning and evening on Dhanteras and also for next 2 days as well. Chant the following mantras given. Click Here
- Next day, on Choti Diwali (one day before Diwali), add honey in the bowl in which you had put the sugar and Ganga water.
- On Diwali morning add ghee, milk, curd in the bowl and in the evening, take out all the coins and place in a thali. Offer panch amrita (ghee, curd, milk, honey, and Ganga water), Vermillion or kesar-tilak, sweets, flowers, lotus seeds on the coins. After that perform Lakshmi prayer & aarti, include lighting the four-wick 'chaar-mukhi, earthen lamp and other 12 lamps.
- In front of the new utensil, light candles on all three days (Dhan Teras, Choti Diwali & Diwali.)
- Chant the special Diwali mantras throughout these days and also use them frequently over the year for empowerment and blessings from Ganesh & Lakshmi.
- Then after Diwali prayer, leave the 'chaar-mukhi.' the earthen lamp and allow to burn out till the oil or ghee run out. Many people place this earthen lamp at the intersection point of four roads (chauraha).
- Next morning after Diwali, put all the coins in a red cloth after wiping with tissue, in your money place. Remember not to wash the coins. However, next year before Dhanteras Puja It is a prayer ritual performed to make offerings, honoring, evoking or worshipping gods. The ceremony can also be performed to pay homage to the beloved ones who are deadyou can wash the coins and repeat the procedure as given here.) Place lotus seeds and suparis in a separate bag and also keep in your money place. Take out the rice from the new utensil to be placed in the kitchen rice container in the afternoon and remember not to use the last grain. You have to make sure to retain some of the rice to cook in the same new utensils in that you had kept the rice. Cook, it 1day after Diwali (Goverdhan prayer day) and share with your family. It is believed that Diwali puja rice will provide abundant energy for all family members for the year going forward.
- To complete your Diwali prayers, place rice in the same container that was used in the prayers, and then distribute it to family members. Try to keep rice container full by adding new rice for the next year, and then you can empty the rice container, clean it and then add the rice used in the prayers in your kitchen rice container.