October 30, 2015
Karva Chauth is the most important festival in Indian culture for the married women as they get to wear loads of jewellery and new clothes. On the serious note, Karva Chauth is a daylong strict fast in which even a drop of water is forbidden for the women till the moon comes out in the night sky. Karva Chauth is commemorated on the fourth day after the full moon. The fast of Karva Chauth kept 9 days before Diwali on ‘Kartik ki Chauth’. Karva Chauth is celebrated by Hindu and Sikh women of North & West India for their husband's long life and prosperity. This festival has cultural significance and is celebrated all Indians.
Puja Muhurat (Time) and Chandrodaya time on Karwachauth
Duration = 1 Hour 18 Mins
Moonrise On Karwa Chauth Day = 20:26
Here are some fascinating details about this beautiful festival:
PUMA ITEMS ON KARWACHAUTH
1) Karwa Lamps
2) Puja Thali
3) Matthi for bhog.
4) Sindoor and kumkum
5) Earthen Pots (a clay vessel for containg water)
6) Heena - Mehndi or henna is a paste that is bought in a cone-shaped tube and is made into designs for men and women. Mehndi is derived from the Sanskrit word mendhika.
1) A gift from mother-in-law to daughter-in-law.
2) Sargi contains sweets, other food items & clothes .
3) traditional way to bring blessings & good luck to married couple from their elder ones.
4) Married women eat the 'Sargi' items before sunrise on the day of Karva Chauth before they keep fast.
5) During the fast, women neither eat nor drink anything.
1) Gift from mothers of newly wed girls to the in-laws of their daughter.
2) Girl's parents reach at girl's house before evening.
4) A small earthen pot filled with water placed in the center .
5) Karva Chauth story is narrated by priest.
On the occasion of karwachauth, Women apply Mehndi (Henna) with attaractive design on their hands which is symbol of Good-Luck and Prosperity.
THE STORY OF QUEEN VEERVATI
There was a Queen Veervati. Veervati was the only sister of seven brothers. Her brothers were very upset to see their sister keeping fast so they fixed an mirror as an artificial moon in a tree. Veervati mistook mirror as the moon and broke her fast. Consequently, her husband died. Veervati kept fast again with full devotion the same thing happened again. Then, she prayed to Lord ShivaShiva
Shiva is one of the Supreme Gods of Hindu Trinity that ...
- Goddess Parvati than Parvati gave few drops of her blood to Veervati. She sprinkled the drops on her husband’s dead body & he came back to life.
THE LEGEND OF MAHABHARATA
Draupadi kept fast for Pandavas and worshipped Shiv-Parvati and Pandavas were able to get rid of their heir problems.
THE LEGEND OF KARVA
There was a woman named Karva loved her husband very much and she was blessed with a Shakti. While taking a bath in a river, her husband caught by a crocodile. Karva told Lord to send crocodile to hell but, YamaYama
Also known as Yamaraja, Yama is the controller of the hell (Naraka)...
refused to do so and she cursed him. Yama got afraid of being cursed by Mata Pati-vart and sent crocodile to hell.
Karwa Chauth surely strengths the bond between husband and wife and also helps in maintaining a good relationship with husband's family.
The story of a deeply devoted woman to her husband. She begged for her husband SATYAVAN's life from Yama.
Karwa Chauth surely strengthen the bond between husband and wife and also helps in maintaining a good relationship with husbands family. Wish you a very Happy Karwa Chauth to all soul mates!