In Puri Rath Yatra, there are three chariots that are pulled from Puri Jagannath Temple through the Bada Danda, the grand road, to Gundicha Mandir. The three chariots belong to Lord Jagannatha, Balabhadra, and Subhadra. There is some point to identify the Chariot of Lord Jagannath:
The chariot of Lord Jagannath is known as Nandighosha. It is also known as Garudadhwaja and Kapidhwaja.
The simplest way to identify the chariot of Lord Jagannath is the color of the covering of the chariot.
The chariot of Jagannath has a yellow and red color covering and it is also the largest chariots among others.
Lord Jagannath Chariot has 4 horses and the color of the horses is White.
The height of the Chariot is 45 feet and it has 16 wheels. It also prominently displays the Sudarshana Chakra symbol.
The flag on the chariot is called as Trailokyamohini
. The rope that is used to pull the Chariot is known as Shankahchuda
. Along with Jagannath, the chariot also has the idols of VarahaVaraha
Varaha is the third incarnation of Vishnu who came on earth to rescue the it from the bottom of a sea. As all the other forms of Vishnu, Varaha too had the purpose of restoring Dharma and ending the rule of evil and maleficence.
, Govardhana, Krushna, Nrusimgha, RamaRama
As of late, in the year 2007, the idea of whether Rama...
, Narayana, Trivikrama, HanumanHanuman
SRI HANUMAN is worshipped everywhere in India, alone...
The face of the Chariot is known as Nandi Mukha and the weapons are Sankha & Chakra.
Here is some interesting point to be noted for Lord Jagannath Chariot
1) Chariot Name - Nandighosa/Garudadhwaja/Kapidhwaja
2) The Colour of cloth - Red & Yellow
3) Number of Wheels - 16
4) Diameter of wheels - 7'0"
5) Number of wooden pieces used to build Lord Jagannath Chariot- 832
6) Height of Chariot - 13.5 m (45 feet)
7) Length & Breadth - 34'6" x 34'6"
7) Guarded by - Garuda/Nrusingha
8) Gate Keepers -- Jay & Vijay
9) Name of the Charioteer - Daruka
10) Name of the Flag - Trailokyamohini
11) Weapons of the Chariot - Sankha & Chakra
12) Power of the Chariot - Bimala & Biraja
13) Number of Horses - 4
14) Name of the Horses - Shankha, Balahaka, Shveta, Haridashva
15) Color of Horses - White
16) Name of the Rope - Sankhachuda
17) Face of the Chariot known as - Nandi Mukha
18) Subsidiary nine Deities - Varaha, Govardhana, Krushna,
Nrusimgha, Rama, Narayana, Trivikrama, Hanuman, Rudra
19) Rishis - Narada, Debal, Byasa, Suka, Parasar, Basistha,