Thursday, fast day of Sai Baba
Sai Baba is well known throughout India and the world. He is believed to remove obstacles of life if a person has faith him. Sai Baba through his stories has always shown that nobody has gone empty handed from his guidance.A person having faith in him never faces any disappointment. He helps the poor and the needy by projecting his pre-eminence through the saints of noble stature.
The fast on Thursday can be kept by a person belonging to any place, age, gender, sex, caste, and creed. some rules to be followed for Thursday fasts (Vrat) are:
2. Sai Baba must be worshiped in the morning or in evening.
Sai Baba'sphotograph must be placed on a yellow cloth. Clean the photograph with clear water. Tilak of Chandan (sandalwood) and Kumkum must be applied to the photograph of Sai Baba. Yellow colored flowers or garland must be offered to Sai Baba, incense sticks and the lamp must be lighted and then the main story of the Vrat must be read followed by Sai Smaran, Sai Chalisa, Sai BhavaniBhavani
Bhavini is another fierce incarnation of Shakti but she is also the giver...
and Sai Sahasra Namavali. Naivedya should be offered to Sai followed by Arathi.
5. Thursday Vrat can be done by eating only fruits ( it may also be done by consuming milk, tea, sweet, etc) or it may also be done by having lunch or dinner. But not eat anything is not to be followed to keep the fast.
6. For every fast, going to their respective temple is a must but if not possible, a devotee can worship at with complete devotion.
Note: During the menstrual time, a woman can skip that Thursday and shall not be taken in consideration of the 9 Thursdays
Thursdays Vrat Concluding Ceremony:
1. Five poor people must be fed.
2. Sai Baba Vrat Books must be distributed among family and friends; in general to the society. The books which are to be distributed to family and friends is to be kept in pooja and then distributed.
Sai Baba shall fulfill all the desires of the devotees, whosoever prays with full devotion.