There are thousand of temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu around the world. Most of the temples are located in India. Lakhs of devotees have attracted these temples from all over the world, who come to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangam
– This temple at Srirangam is one of the most important ‘Swayam Bhakta Kshetras’ dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world and it has brilliant architecture. It is one of the most illustrious Vaishnava temples in South India rich in legend and history. According to some legends, Lord RamaRama
As of late, in the year 2007, the idea of whether Rama... who was a manifestation of Lord Vishnu himself, worshiped the deity here after returning from Lanka. Click here to read temple history
Venkateswara Temple Tirumala
– This is one of the most famous and oldest Vishnu temple in India. Also known as the Venkateshwara Temple, this legendary temple is established in the hill town of Tirumala near Tirupati. Every year countless number of devotees visit this temple to seek the powerful blessings of Venkateshwara Lord Vishnu. Click here to read temple history
– This is another important temple which is devoted to the Krishna form of Lord Vishnu. It is 2000 years old and has been built by Lord Krishna’s grandson Vajranabha. The temple is situated at Dwarka, which was the home of Lord Krishna. It is one of the ‘Char Dham’. Click here to read temple history
– Simhachalam Temple, Vishakapatnam is another famous temple devoted to the Narasimha Avatar of Lord Vishnu. It is one of the eighteen Narasimha Kshetras in India and there are many ancient legends devoted to this temple.
– Radha Raman Mandir at Vrindavan is another site devoted to Lord Krishna and his consort Radha. It was established 500 years ago by Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, the temple premises has Shaligram form of Lord Krishna. It celebrates the undying universal love of Radha and Krishna and Radha Saptami is the most important festival celebrated here.
– It is only major temple where Sri Krishna is worshiped in his child form. Shrinathji Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shrinathji in Nathdwara. Millions of devotees visit this temple every year, just to get a look of the famous image of Lord Srinathji, who is an incarnation of Lord Krishna.