Chandra Grahan in September 2016 in India – Chandragrahan Time – Lunar Eclipse September 16, 2016, in India
Lunar Eclipse Date and Time
16th September 2016 (Saturday)
10:25 PM 16 Sep 2016 to 2:24 AM 17 Sep 2016
Lunar Eclipse Local Timings
Penumbral Eclipse Not Visible to the Naked Eye
First Contact with the Penumbra - 22:27:22 on 16th, September
Maximum of Lunar Eclipse - 00:25:48
Last Contact with the Penumbra - 02:24:15
Duration of Penumbral Phase - 03 Hours 56 Mins 52 Secs
Hinduism and Lunar Eclipse
Chandra Grahan is known as Penumbral Lunar Eclipse, will take place at midnight on September 16, 2016, and during early hours of September 17 in India. ChandraChandra
The name Chandra originated from Sanskrit, meaning ‘the illustrious one’...
Grahan is visible in Europe, Africa, Asia, Austraila Pacific Islands and Western pacific. In India, it will be visible during midnight. The Chandragrahan will be taking place in India between 10:25 PM on September 16 to 2:24 AM on September 17, 2016. This Grahan takes place in Purva BhadraBhadra
The Bhagavata Purana gives her the epithet Kaikeyi, the princess of the Kaikeya kingdom. She was the daughter of King Dhrishtaketu and his wife Shrutakirti, the sister...
Nakshatra and in Meena Rashi.
The eclipse will not visible to the naked eye in India.
This Grahan need not be followed by Hindus in India as it is not fully visible in India. There is no fasting and temples won't be closed.
Legend Of Chandra Grahan
Rahu Ketu It is the descending lunar node in Hindu astrology
cover the Moon on Chandra Grahan. The story associated with the Chandra Grahan (Lunar Eclipse) shows the actual reason for its occurrence. This will also make us understand the reason for the existence of Chandra Grahan in 2016.
Mohini accepted the offer, she offered some normal liquid to demons and the real Amrit to gods. A demon named Swarbhanu observe the situation and understand the trick of Mohini, then he sat in between Lord Sun and Lord Moon.
According to the stories, Swarbhanu believes that Sun and Moon are responsible for his present condition and thus, sometimes he appears in the form of Rahu to hold Sun and Moon in his mouth, which results in Grahan or Eclipse.
The following map shows the detail view of the Chandra Grahan on September 16, 2016, around the world:
Chandra Grahan and Hindus
Usually during a Chandra Grahan, a fast (Upvaas) is observed by certain communities in Hindu religion. The fast begins about 9 hours before the beginning of Chandra Grahan.
Do’s And Dont’s During Chandra Grahan
Let’s take a look at the do’s and dont’s for the day of the lunar eclipse. They are as follows:
Do’s During Chandra Grahan In 2016
1. Chanting Chandra Mantras or Stotra for bringing favorable results.
2. Pregnant ladies should stay indoors and should worship the almighty to minimize the effect of Chandra Grahan.
3. Spill some holy water or Gangajal, throughout the house and workplace after Chandra Grahan, for reducing the evil effects of Grahan.
4. It is held auspicious to take a bath in holy water or holy river, after Chandra Grahan.
Dont’s During Chandra Grahan In 2016
1. Don’t start any new venture or investment or deal during Chandra Grahan.
2. Avoid absorbing any food item during Chandra Grahan.
3. Avoid sexual intercourse during Chandra Grahan.
4. Try to stay indoors, especially pregnant women.
5. Chandra Grahan or eclipse is a natural process that happens from time to time. For minimizing the evil aftereffects of Grahan, try to follow the Chanting Chandra Mantras or Stotra for bringing favorable results.