Mantra means the combination of two words ‘man’ and ‘tra’ that means root of the word instrument. Thus Mantra is the instrument for recitation of divine melody that can touch the bottom of the heart of person who recites it with full devotion.
Hindu Devotees recite Mantras to invoke the blessings of the deity to fulfill their desires. Mantra is mobile phone that helps devotees to have the direct communication with deity and request him to fulfill their desires. There is a specific Mantra for specific God to fulfill your specific desire. One has to recite specific Mantra with full devotion and concentration in particular pace, place, and time with the as mentioned in Vedic literature to realize its full benefit. Mantra has the power that it can bring changes that has deep and transformational impact on body, mind, and spirit.
How Mantra Originated?
It is believed that sages at the Vedic age mentioned about the importance of Mantra in the ancient scriptures.
They have mentioned that most important basic and powerful Mantra is OM. Mantras begin with OM.
Why Om is so important?
According to Hindu Mythology, There are three Hindu Gods: Lord Brahma (The Creator of life), Lord Vishnu (The Preserver of life), and Lord Shiva (The destroyer of the Life). All the three Gods abbreviated in the World’s most powerful word ‘OM’. Thus, Hindus believe that ‘OM’ is the basis of the life on the Earth.
Principles to be followed while recitation of Mantra:
- Before Reciting Mantra
- Make sure you wear clean clothes
- Clean the place where you are sitting for reciting Mantra
- Use Mat instead of directly sitting on the floor as directly sitting on the floor can drain your energy.
- Kindle oil lamp in front the deity.
- Recite Mantra 108 times or multiple of 108 times. You can take the help of rosary of 108 beads to calculate it. You should pull the beads with the right hand and move.
- Ladies avoid reciting mantra at the time of monthly periods and at the time of conceiving pregnancy.
- Best time to recite mantra one hour before sunrise and one hour after Sunset.
- Mantra should not be recited during solar and lunar eclipse.
- While reciting Mantra, you should vouch for certain things that you will be Honest, Polite, Happy and make other also happy.
In this section we try to compile all important mantras with their meanings. It will help you to understand the importance of Mantra and led you to progress on the path of self consciousness and grow spiritually. You can have the power of control your mind and body that is made out of five elements (Air, Water, Earth, Fire and sky).