With this methodology of meditation, you need to focus on the visual things such as the idol or photograph of the almighty. You can even concentrate on something available in audio such as the voice of the ocean or any.
The main goal of this meditation is to let the mind concentrated in the present and divert it from the constant flow of the thoughts that are mostly related to either past or future. This will allow you to attain the stable state of mind altered state of consciousness.
Follow the given steps for Basic Meditation:
- First of all choose a target for your focus. As discussed above, it can be any picture, sound or smell that soothes your mind.
- Sit in a comfortable position, and unwind your body.
- Concentrate to your selected target. Focus on the sound, smell, sight, etc. and simply experience what it has to offer. The idea is not to think about it, but simply to experience it, being fully present in the moment.
- If your mind starts diverting to the stressful thoughts. Try to circumvent back to your chosen target and the positive vibes it provides. Let your mind stay quiet and clear.
- When you start visualizing the thoughts in your mind, then you can congratulate yourself for noticing, and return back to the present moment
- You might find may little difficult initially, but as you practice this type of meditation, but, later it becomes easier and make more sense. The more you practice, the more benefits you are able to achieve. Reading can’t help so start practicing to get into the calm state of mind and alter state of consciousness.