Vedas are one of the oldest Sanskrit literatures. Vedas are the compilation of religious and philosophical poems and hymns that form the basis of Hinduism. The compilation started as early as 3000 BC and kept on adding over several generations. Categorically Vedas can be divided into four groups such as The Rig-Veda, The Sama-Veda, The Yajur-Veda, and The Atharva-Veda. All these four Vedas revered as sacred Hindu text.
Some Vedic hymns and poems deal with the foundation of the connection of God and Human. They had written to understand one simple yet most important fact that all gods and goddesses are considered as manifestation of supreme cosmic energy. Some of them try to mention the meaning and correct way of performing Hindu religious rituals. Not only has this some of them tried to show us the way to achieve our desires by remembering Hindu deities.
Puranas are also one of the oldest revered Sanskrit literatures. It is said that Puranas are eighteen in number that are divided into three groups of six of them.
It basically based five important points and they are as follows:
- The creation of the universe.
- Secondary creations, mostly re-creations after dissolution of the universe.
- Genealogy of the gods and sages.
- The creation of the first human being and then the Human race. The epoch of Manu’s yuga and later succeeded by 71 celestial Maha Yugas.
- To preserve the history of glorious kings.
In this section, we try to bring together all the four Vedas and important Puranas to enrich your knowledge about the secret about Gods, Sages, Hinduism, Kings, Medicines, Life, and Sex.