Anulom vilom pranayama is a breathing exercise where one has to do breathing through alternate nostrils. The right side of the brain controls creative activity, while the left side controls logical verbal activity.
Yoga instructors and practitioners are believed to be an unbelievable energizer that works effectively to relieve stress and anxiety.
According to the survey, regular practitioners have treated their serious health conditions such as heart diseases, asthma, high blood pressure, arthritis and cartilage. Some of the practitioners also treated their bent ligaments, neural issues, migraine pain and sinus.
People regularly do Anulom vilom for relaxation and strengthening their mind. It also prepares the entire body for meditation. More and more people have been engaging themselves in this yoga exercise owing to its convenience.
How to do Anulorn Vilom pranayama?
- You should sit on mat that is spread on the floor or ground.
- Sit with cross legs, either right leg is crossed over left or vis-a versa. For the arthritis patients there is relaxation that they can sit on a wooden chair with a straight back.
- Use the thumb of left hand to close the left nostril. Inhale deeply through the right nostril while keeping the left closed. Now, close the right nostril with the ring finger of the left hand.
- Open the right nostril to exhale air you breathed in.
- To start the next cycle, breathe in through the right nostril from where you exhaled out and repeat the process. Point to be noted here is to keep the intensity of the inhaling equal to exhaling. During inhaling and exhaling, no breathing sound should be audible. The breathing is so gentle that cotton sab put near your nostrils will not move.
- Initially practice this pranayama for about three minutes initially gradually increase it to the 15 - 20 minutes.
- While doing this pranayama, repeat "OM" in your mind. Try to contrite on the breathing and the sound of the OM. it is a sacred sound, which is meditated upon and considered as a spiritual icon by Hindus, Jains and Buddhists. It is the primordial sound which is considered infinite, all encompassing, the truth of existence, the ultimate reality of the universe, the cause of life and the ultimate reality of being. It is the finest essence of life which helps in gaining the knowledge of self and the universe. This meditation technique is helpful in uniting your soul with the supreme soul. Pane of Breathing: While doing this exercise, no breathing sound should be audible.
Benefits of Anulom vilom pranayama
- It regularly cleanses different channels of the body, making it healthy, strong and lustrous.
- It cures all the diseases that occur due to the disturbance of the 'vata Doshaz’ that include rheumatism, gout diseases that are related to the reproductive organs, and cold.
- The three doshas of the human body such as Vata, Kapha and Pitta are regularized with regular practice of anulom vilom pranayama.
- Diabetes & Blood pressure can be cured completely with the regular and dedicated practice of this pranayam.
- Muscular system are cured, it is beneficial to cure arthritis, acidity and sinusitis.
- It helps in positive thinking and let you overcome tension, anxiety, worry, anger, forgetfulness, migraine and insomnia.
- It helps in improving concentration, patience, decision-making ability and creativity.
- It also increase as advantages of anulom vilom pranayam.
- It Increases oxygen supply throughout the body, making one feel calm and peaceful.
- It relieve in stress, fever, eye concerns and ear issues.
- Improves blood circulation.
- It helps in the treatment of migraine, blockages in the arteries of the heart and chronic sinus problems.
- It can controls obesity.
- Helps in improving metabolism.